June is National Safety Month, and The Law Offices of David Henderson are teaming up with the National Safety Council and hundreds of other organizations to raise awareness about how you can prevent accidents at home, at work, and on the road. Here are some safety tips to help you stay safe.
- Keep your floors and stairs clear of toys, shoes, bags, and other tripping hazards. Secure loose wires or cords or cover them with a rug. Make sure all your rugs lay flat and are secured with a non-slip backing.
- Never place candles where children or pets can reach, and always extinguish candles before leaving the room. Avoid placing candles near or on flammable materials.
- Install lighting in dark areas of your home, including stairwells and along walkways in your yard.
- Contact a professional to handle any necessary repairs or maintenance that involves electrical or gas systems in your home.
- Dress for safety. Wear any necessary protective gear for your tasks. Closed-toe shoes should be worn on the job, and heels should be avoided, or low heels should be worn.
- Follow all safety rules and policies that your company may have.
- Report safety violations, broken equipment, or other hazards to your supervisor.
- Report any injuries to your supervisor or manager immediately.
On the Road
- Always follow the rules of the road.
- Slow down when conditions worsen. Darkness, poor weather, construction, and traffic all can introduce new hazards, so it is important to reduce your speed to give you time to react.
- Allow adequate space between you and the car in front of you. Watch for motorcycles, and give them extra space.
- Wear your seatbelt, no matter how short the trip is.
If you have been injured in an accident, I am ready to help you recover the compensation you deserve. At The Law Offices of David Henderson, you can trust that I will fight to win. As an Anchorage personal injury attorney, I am committed to ensuring that your needs are met and you feel like you are a valued client.